Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 13 Billings, Montana (91 miles)



From Chuck's Face Book: ‎91 miles before noon. A great day in Montana! Pics coming soon.

This is Patty: The ride into Billings was so pleasant (almost cold out). I didn't take my jacket off all day. About 5 miles into the ride with a tail wind at our backs, I could tell that Chuck was biting at the bit. I told him, "Go ahead... Take off." He loves, loves, loves a fairly flat straight road with a tail wind. He blew into Billings.

I took my time taking pics a long the way. A herd of cattle, who came up to say hi to me, an old falling down barn; and a pretty church; were a few of the things that I took pictures of.







The first sag was at Ryegate (home of the testicle festival).


Evonne and Todd at Ryegate

We missed the 4th of July parade at Lavina by just a couple of hours. The town of Lavina is in the Golden Valley County of Montana. The population was 209 at the 2000census. The town is situated on the north bank of the Musselshell River. One thing that I appreciated was the use of a family (who was having a huge reunion in the park) porta potties. Chuck was flying on his bike to Billings but left me these along the way....





Billings is special to us since it is where we really first started to fall in love.
Dinner was by Beyond Basil again. They did a great job as usual and we went to bed well fed. After having some of Suzanne's birthday cake.


Suzanne with her cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts, feedback, and other messages to Chuck. Your comments are directly forwarded to his email.