Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 16 Sheridan, Wyoming (85 miles)


Entering Wyoming on a cool, overcast and rainy day with a headwind for the first 38 miles

From Chuck's Face Book: Just past the 1000 mile mark today. 112 tomorrow. Also just in to WY. Sheridan WY to Gillette WY tomorrow. Going through the wonderful town of Spotted Horse. (population 2)

Hi, this is Patty: The Big Riders headed south to Sheridan and I had a very lonely ride back north to Billings. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone.

Saying goodbye

I didn't realize how much of the way to Hardin from Billings was down hill until I did the return trip slightly up hill with the added weight of my camping gear in my Panniers. Once in Billings I took a shower at the Rim Rock Dorms and then drove my rental car (which I had parked overnight at the dorm) to The Bike Shop to have my bike packed up and shipped home. I ran a few errands picking up odds and ends to box up and mail to Rapid City for the Riders. I then dropped of the car and went to the airport to catch a flight home.

Meanwhile the Riders were at Sheridan enjoying a $12 dinner night at an old Resturant in town. Chuck said the ribs were to die for. Camp that night was at a KOA. Right (you guessed it) next to the train track and I-90. They got to hear cars and trains going by all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts, feedback, and other messages to Chuck. Your comments are directly forwarded to his email.