Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 10 Avon, Montana (98 miles)


Today was my first day of riding with the Big Riders. I will be riding from Missoula to Hardin. When the riders go on to Sheridan, I will ride back to Billings to fly home.I think I threw Chuck off of his usual morning routine. Plus he slept very poorly last night. He was very lethargic all morning until we got to Stoneys. He took two caffeine pills and drank a five hour energy drink at Stoneys. After the Caffeine kicked in he was able to kick it up a few gears and left me in the dust...


Chuck trying to wake up this morning


Missoula Morning Sky

I really enjoyed the rest of the ride by myself. The ride from Missoula to Avon was one of the four days that I missed riding in 2008. At Stoneys, Chuck and I took some pictures of the same bird nest behind the gas station that was there in 08. This is for you Janet:


Birds nest behind Stoneys


Stoneys

It rained during the night so the roads were wet, but it had stopped raining by the time we took off. I really enjoyed watching the mist lift through the day and took a lot of really awesome pics. I passed riders occasionally but then they would pass me and so on and so forth until we got to the reservoir right before Avon.


A beautiful pond


Group Picture at the reservoir


Mail box outside of Avon

I joined up with some riders and we stopped for pie at the Avon Cafe. I had warmed up peach with vanilla ice cream Yum!!! When I got to Echo Valley Campground, Chuck had already laid claim to the room that Bob slept in in 08. The bed sagged in the middle so Chuck and I felt like we were sleeping in a burrito all night. It got very chilly that night so I was glad to not be sleeping in our tent. I did love Susan Campbell's bright pink long john fashion statement though. I should have taken a picture in case anyone wants to follow her lead.


Echo Valley Camp Ground

Dinner was by the owner of the Avon Cafe. Spaghetti of course but good spaghetti with some really tasty french bread and fresh salad. Oh, I almost forget the pies. I had another slice of peach and Chuck had a piece of chocolate cream and a piece of pecan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts, feedback, and other messages to Chuck. Your comments are directly forwarded to his email.