Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 9 Rest Day in Missoula, Montana

Today was not that much of a rest day for Chuck. He got up and went to breakfast and then had to get a new front wheel for his bike as it was wobbling most of the day yesterday. He also got a bottom bracket because his is grinding a little and knowing that Trek Modone's have an affinity to have the bottom bracket crack he went ahead and got a new one in case his cracks. Bike shops are few and far between in western part of the Big Ride. He also picked up my bike. Later in the afternoon he went to the airport with Frank to pick me up.

We got to Knowles Hall at the University of Montana and Christine met us at the door. She remembered both me and Chuck from two years ago. I was in the sick room being iced down. She and Chuck laughed because when he got to the dorm yesterday, she said, "So you are the first rider in today!" Chuck then said, " Yea, and I was the first one in two years ago." She said, " Yea, but you were here two hours earlier." Chuck said, "Ouch!"

Chuck checked on his email, packed for tomorrow and went to the Post Office to mail his Nikon Camera to his sister Maureen's house (he doesn't want to risk it getting damaged) while I took my bike for a spin. Of course I had to mess with my rear rack right away. Chuck rolled his eyes. He remembers having to duct tape together in the past.... It seems to be on tighter this time around.

We went out to dinner at Ciao Mambo with Chad, Toby and Jeremy. Chuck and I had dessert at the restaurant but of course Jeremy wanted ice cream. He had two scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, thoughts, feedback, and other messages to Chuck. Your comments are directly forwarded to his email.